This is no contest. No voting will be done, no awards will be given, except for the Mod's Favs, in which anyone who submits more than one thing in their post for a given episode will receive a banner for the icon/graphic that moderator liked best out of their submissions. And as always, your work can be nominated by yourself or your peers at csi_awards.
The point of these challenge communities is to have fun, be creative, and to think about your favourite episodes in new ways when making graphics. You can post for sharing or just display purposes only. It's up to you. But join in, and enjoy the challenge!
Each week a new challenge will be posted for an episode. There are currently three franchises of CSI (CSI: Las Vegas, CSI: Miami, and CSI: New York). As New York has just started out, we're going to wait to post any challenges until the DVDs come out, giving people time to cap. Every week a new challenge will be posted, with each week alternating between CSI: Las Vegas and CSI: Miami. For each challenge, you will have TWO WEEKS to post, but each week there will be a new challenge to keep things interesting.
January 1st: CSI Las Vegas Season 1 Episode 1 January 7th: CSI Miami Season 1 Episode 1 January 14th: CSI Las Vegas Season 1 Episode 1 Entries are Due! A new Vegas challenge will be posted! January 28th: CSI Miami Season 1 Episode 1 Entries are Due! A new Miami challenge will be posted!
1) All icons, wallpapers, mood themes, vids, graphics, etc. must pertain to the current episodic challenge. This means you can't incorporate images from other eps or promotional pictures into your work, even if we've already covered that episode.
2) Comment, comment, comment!!! We all love to know our work is appreciated, even if people don't take our stuff. So always comment any time you feel moved to say anything (but be nice about it), even if you want to offer suggestions.
3) Credit: give credit where credit is due. Let people know where you got your caps, your brushes, your fonts. And if you take anything, be sure to follow the poster's rules for their art. This means no stealing. Stealing is bad, and you will be kicked out for doing so.
4) If you're posting, please indicate in your post your rules. Be specific, so that there's no confusion. If your stuff's display only, let us know. If it's up for grabs, let us know. Customizable? You got it: let us know.
5) Personal journals: You want to link to your journal? Great!! But please, follow these rules: a) give us some sort of teaser, let us know what we're looking at. b) indicate in your link that we're going to your journal, and if it's friends-only, this must also be indicated in the link. Oh, and one more thing: please link directly to the post itself, rather than just your journal. See, when you first post the icons, people will see that entry at the top, but as time goes on, anyone going through old posts won't see those icons at the top of your LJ, cause you know, it's an old post.
6) LJ-Cuts: Please use an LJ-cut if you post more than three icons, and if you have graphics bigger than a thumbnail preview, use a cut here as well. This is to make the comm more modem-friendly. Also, if there's a chance your work contains questionable material (language, character-bashing, slash, lewd text, whatever), please also indicate this in the cut as well. There's a variety of ages roaming these halls, and we want to offend as few as people as possible.
7) See something you really like, but aren't sure how to do it for yourself? Try a couple things: 1) ask the artist. Chances are, they can give you lots of tips. 2) Check out the comm icon_tutorial. It has extensive tutorials, especially in the memory section, and is worth its weight in gold.
8) Hotlinking is bad. Don't do it. EVER. If you need to display graphics of any kind, get yourself an account at PhotoBucket. They're easy, and best of all, free. And yes, this holds true if you want to nominate something. Some people have to pay for their bandwidth, and we don't want to cost them money, even if it is to show off their lovely work.
9) Confused about these rules? You can find more info in our FAQ. Then, if you're still confused, or have more questions, just ask one of your friendly moderatora. We'll be happy to clarify anything you need.